cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 PO XML to PI to HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My scenario is to get a PO out of SRM (which is coming over via XML) connect to PI and immediately pass that messages (without mapping) to an external HTTP destination.

Can you please help in outlining what is needed?

On our PI system we already have the SRM XI content. So in the ESR I see that we have the names spaces and the MT and Service Interface for Purchase Order Request.

I have already created a Business System for SRM and also created a Technical and Business system for our external HTTP party in the SLD.

There are 2 major problems:

1 - When sending PO out from SRM to PI - the message does not get transmitted. In SMQ2 when we look at the XML message - we see that it is reference an RFC destination that does not exist. Even when we create it in SM59 for connection to PI it still gets the same error. I assume this is configuraed somewhere in SRM but do you know where?

HTTP destination IntServer missing (system, transcation SM59)

2 - What steps are required to be configured in the Integration Builder and ESR in PI to send the XML messages as is (without transformation) from PI to the HTTP source (i.e. do I need to setup recevier agreement, sender agreements, Party, etc)

As you can see I am new and trying to work this out. This would be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar interface scenario...

in this case we used proxy to populate the PO data which needs to be sent to the external vendor...

For proxy things you need some configuration settings in SRM...(even if you use the same approach...)

1. Need to configure the PI url in the tcode SLDAPICUST..

2. Need to create the http destination point out to the PI url (host/xi/engine?type=entry)

3. set the integration engine as the loc in tcode (SXMD_ADM->integration engine configuration) and provide the http entry over there..

4. Need to have two rfc destinations of type T (LCRSAPRFC..SAPSLDAPI..having the same progid as specified in PI..)

Once the configuration is done can check the same using SLDCHECK...

For more details on the above search SDN..

For passing the data as it is dont provide the mapping name in Interface determination provide the source and target message interface name as same..

need to create the receiver determination and recever agreement for the HTTP...

Gud luck

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this is configuraed somewhere in SRM but do you know where?

Yes, it will be configured in SRM system. Check the RFC destination and do a test connection.

2 - What steps are required to be configured in the Integration Builder and ESR in PI to send the XML messages as is (without transformation) from PI to the HTTP source (i.e. do I need to setup recevier agreement, sender agreements, Party, etc)

You can skip ESR. Just create Receiver Determination, Interface Determination and Receiver Agreement. For Interface Determination, you can use dummy values.

Refer :-

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository