cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules to Create a separate Software Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Al,

I have the following case, please suggest me do i need to create separate Software Component for Development

1) Implemented for UK Region and Integrated SAP system and "ABC" Legacy System ,

2) Did Roll out for America Region for same "ABC" Legacy system and also New development for one more "XYZ" system .

In case 1, we have created SWC1 and did Go-Live

In Case 2, Created SWC2 and just used the option "Release Transfer" to copied all required roll out Interfaces from SWC1 to SWC2.And then created new interfaces for "XYZ" New Legacy System and did Live.

So Now, in Production We have SCW2 with all the Interfaces used for Roll out for "ABC System and Newly developed interfaces for "XYZ" system.

Now i have another project started after 8 months with the same client saying that we need to integrate "AAA" system

This System comes under America Region only, In this case do i need to create separate SWC for this or i need to develop in SWC2 itself?

Please share with me your thoughts ....

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This System comes under America Region only, In this case do i need to create separate SWC for this or i need to develop in SWC2 itself?

Usually the SWCV is based on business processes or the systems or the regions (as it is in your case). Don't create a new SWCV ... you should create the new development under SWCV for American region ... you can create a new namespace under that which will identify itself with the process.

NOTE:- You have created 2 more posts for same query. Please close those.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case do i need to create separate SWC for this or i need to develop in SWC2 itself?

"Need" is an incorrect word here. Technically there is no need for a new SWC.

Different SWC are usually created to well organize the developments so as not to mess different types/regions/processes. Whether to go for a new SWC or not is only a design question in your case, otherwise its not required.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thank you for valuable suggestions.

My Thought is even thought this legacy system integration comes into America Region, as this is the New Project and separate Go-Live's are there, creating a separate SWC is good approach

In my case what do you suggest me ??

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Sep 3, 2010 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier, there is no need to create a new SWCV. If you want to design the ESR in that manner, it's up to you.

And as you can see, other folks have given similar answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Prateek Mentioned here

>>Different SWC are usually created to well organize the developments so as not to mess different types/regions/processes.

keeping that in mind I am thinking to go with different SWC.

Even though it is a different project in my landscape, is it not required to design in such a way??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

keeping that in mind I am thinking to go with different SWC.

Even though it is a different project in my landscape, is it not required to design in such a way??

In your initial post, you had mentioned that you have a SWCV for America region. Now, no matter it's a different project but it is for the region "America", you should use SWCV that you created for that region.

Try reading and understanding what Prateek had said ... he meant the same as what I am saying.

If you create a new SWCV for this "different project", then you will no longer be using the design of having separate SWCV based on the region, isn't it? I am talking plain English and this is no rocket science ...

Rest depends on how you design the ESR, it's up to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool, i understood it. will go with existing SWCV itself as it comes under America region itself

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

No need to create the new software component.

In the SWCV2 itself, you can go ahead with your new development.

As already suggested in the above reply, you can create new namespaces for these developments.

-Supriya.