Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Issue in QA after system restore and client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an audit issue and need your advise on that.

Our QA system was audited and auditors were looking for the approval tickets on which a user was created. I found that several users that were not created in QA and do not even exist in QA have their change logs in QA showing that user was created.

I researched it and found the steps that Basis and DBA's do when creating a new QA client.

1. Basis export user master and authorizations using SAP_USER profile from the target QA environment.

2. Then DBA's restore the QA Environment from the Production Backup.

3. Basis import back the preserved User master and roles using SAP_USER profile.

But when reading about this profile, I came to understand that change documents ( USH* ) tables are not exported and imported back. So that is why we have change logs in our QA from Production system.

So my question is how to solve this issue, where Auditors look at the change documents in QA and ask for the documentation though in reality these change documents are coming from Production. Should we ask for DBA team to truncate USH tables or is there a client copy profile that saves the change logs that we can export and import back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you know the USH* tables belong to delivery class L. The tables in this class are never copied during client copy but you don't do client copy. Idea of deleting records from L tables after backup restore does not sound good because you will loose all data. As a workaround you could backup content of tables with delivery class L, export users SAP_USER, restore production backup, import users and import backup for tables with delivery class L. There is around 5000 L tables in ECC. Another approach could be to restore production on different box and do proper client copy to QA system.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you know the USH* tables belong to delivery class L. The tables in this class are never copied during client copy but you don't do client copy. Idea of deleting records from L tables after backup restore does not sound good because you will loose all data. As a workaround you could backup content of tables with delivery class L, export users SAP_USER, restore production backup, import users and import backup for tables with delivery class L. There is around 5000 L tables in ECC. Another approach could be to restore production on different box and do proper client copy to QA system.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. Let me advise my team with your idea and see what they say about it.