cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 Invoice Type Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company has one sales order type and one delivery type, but many types of invoices. So copy control its getting defined by user profiles ( the user in Plant A only can enter Plant A invoices)

I am trying to set up the collective invoice procedure in VF04, but the type of invoice proposed by default its taken from the field on VOV8 sales document type.

So I left it blank in VOV8, and went back to transaction VF04, run it again, and it suggested invoice type F2. So I went to copy control VTFL and deleted the link between delivery type and F2 invoice.

I was expecting SAP to default blank or with the next match on VTFL for that type of delivery, instead its given error VF027 because its still proposing invoice type F2 even there are other valid matches for Invoice - Delivery type in VTFL.

What I am looking for its where in SAP this invoice type its proposed for VF04 collective invoice, and check if it is possible to assign it to plant.

Otherwise I will assign invoices to deliveries types, and restrict user profiles for deliveries, the problem its that in our main plant there are 3 types of invoices and there would be a risk of the user there to pick the wrong delivery. This problem already has happened in our current invoice-type-by-user-profile system we currently use.

Thank you.

Edited by: Carlos Salazar on Sep 2, 2010 6:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos

VF04 takes the default billing type from VKDFS-FKART.

VKDFs is the billing-due-list index table.

It is updated when the delivery is saved and relevant for billing.

If you change VOV8 after the update of VKDFS, then it still takes the value of VKDFS.

There is not way to assign the billing type depending on the plant.

The note 63523 reports available userexits for VKDFS.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivano,

I want to assign the billing type by delivery type, right now I have VOV8 for invoice type blank for my sales order, and it defaults to F2 invoice type, even thought the link its gone from VTFL.

I see that field VKDFS-FKART comes from table TVFK, but I dont know where those values come from or how can I set up a different default determination for my delivery.

I thought that if there were only one choice for my Sales Order-Delivery-Invoice-types in copy control, it will default to that invoice in VF04 but now I see that it does do not happen .

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this maybe its much easier with a user exit in VL01N, will check for that.