Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change inbound interface name dynamically

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the inbound interface name dynamically? say my configured inbound interface is MI_Inb is it possible to change the inbound interface name to MI_Inb_589 when the message is recieved by the recevier???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do u mean by

change the inbound interface name

If you want to select the inbound interface dynamically based on message content then u can achieve this using the Conditions in Interface determination.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to do this?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its a b2b case....the inbound interface (recv) from my system is outbound interdace (sender) for the 3rd party working in PI...for some issues my inbound interface (recv) definition is changed and i cannot change the name of the outbound interface in the 3rd party system...so i created the external defintion referring to the old inbound interface thinking tht the outbound interface in my 3rd party system will work. but it proved wrong as the metadata is not compatible ie.e the inbound interface from my system hold a differnt interface def name to the outbound interface in 3rd system.

wondering if i can change the name of the recv interface in my system when the message is sent out so tht the inbound interface name from my system is same as the outbound interface name in the 3rd party system....

logically the inbound interface name in the sender system needs to be the same as the outbound interface name in the 3 rd party

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not quite clear, if I have understood it.

If you have different message structures with same name, so you can create new versions of software component. In every version you can have the same interface with different structure.

Then you can choose the version for each customer for mapping and routing.

Then you need not have a virtual name which you have to change on runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, this is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not pssible. But you can use Conditional Interface Determination to select different inbound interface based on given conditions.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i know is not posibble coz the configuration in the ID is unique. so i recommend you to configure a routing rule in the receiver determination to solve yor issue.

another way could be dinamyc receiver aggreement, but i not sure about it