cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to bring hyperlinks for certain words in a text which we show it using Text View UI element.

I Know there is a UI element 'Link to URL' for hyperlinks. But i want the hyperlinks in between the text. For Example,

"Please look into wiki page for further details."

In the above sentence, the word 'Wiki' should be a hyperlink.

Please let me know, if it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple solution - put 3 UI elements together, text, link to URL , text.

This is fine when you have 1 link in a section of text - but beware if you have many as this can make translation of the text more than a little tricky! As different languages can follow quite different syntactical orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Currently I am using like that only. The problem I am facing with it is, lets say in my example the last word should be the hyperlink, so i have combined text and link to url UI element together. the problem is i am not able to give a space between the Text View and Link to URL UI element.

I tried all the possible ways. I passed the text dynamically through coding by providing space before the word, like ' Wiki',

but the underline is coming for the space too which doesn look good.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks,

Arunsri

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Chris, the solution is to have 3 different UI elements.

In a similar way, if you wish to determine the link at runtime, then you would have to build the UI elements at runtime. Firstly, you need to read the text as characters and once you locate the set of characters which are to be displayed as link then buidl a LINK UI and attach teh text and relevant URl. Similarly build a text UIs and link UIs and set it to the view.

Regards,

Sharath

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is just a matter of the layout that you are using for your elements - depending on the layout you may get different padding options - just ensure that you have some padding - then it works.

I have the same issue whenever I want to put long bits of text onto the view - with a 255 limit on the OTR you have to bundle them together, but a little padding makes it all look right.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether it is possible in Text View UI element. But it is possible in FormattedTextView UI Element. Please refer the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3b/219141c1d0ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

in Supported Tags section.

Ranganathan.

Edited by: Ranganathan Thiru on Sep 2, 2010 10:18 PM