cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Process Controlled Workflow - Restart BADI behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario to control the restart of the BRF SC worklfow only if price of the document is changed while in awaiting

approval state.

I implemented the BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER, but unfortunately the behaviour of BADI is not at all supporting to restart the workflow based on the condition.

I noticed the behaviour of triggerring of this BADI as follows

When in awaiting approval state the requestor can change the document.

1. Once click on EDIT BADI gets triggered

2. after changing the document values once Order clicked it will be called twice.

Is it normal behaviour or is there any problem in my custome SRM system?

If this is normal, can you please guide how to implement this BADI?

Can you provide your experience on this BADI?

Deeply appreciate the your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Yaseen M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is a normal behavior...

Example A:

If a document owner (Requestor) pull the awaiting for approval SC the workflow will restarted and ofcourse it should restart..

As I told this is normal behavior..

Example B:

If a approver change a value of SC, We can control the workflow to inform document owner or not to inform him..

If you're looking for changing the normal behavior (Example A), you can do it by skipping the approver step by comparing the current price value with old price value in youer event ID class or function module what ever you created (Reff: Change document value).. But it is not possible to stop workflow getting restarted..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have idea that its a normal behaviour that workflow will be restarted, but I am looking at the behaviour of the BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER. How often this is called once the document owner recalls the document in awaiting approval status.

If it is called twice for one single click of Order, I am looking at best possible way to handle this kind of behaviour to allow restart in few cases and to suppress in few cases.

I cannot check these price conditin at the process step event level as I will not know what is the current status of workflow.

I am looking at the behaviour of the BADI.

Please help me in handling this BADI.

Thanks & Regards,

yaseen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Question:

BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER. How often this is called once the document owner recalls the document in awaiting approval status.

Answer:

It (BADI) will get triggered whenever the BRF event getting triggered, also depends upon your Expression's Application Buffering check box.. We can't define a proper number here..

Your Question:

I cannot check these price conditin at the process step event level as I will not know what is the current status of workflow.

Answer:

Why it is so? When you call BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL function module you can able to get the status from BBP_PDS_STATUS table..

Also You can get Item status by calling BBP_PD_SC_ITEM_GETDETAIL function module, and finally as I told by looking in to change docs you can easily find whether price value changes or not..

Itu2019s just my suggestion..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Sorry for the miscommunication and confusion, I was refering to BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART not /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER.

Please read my question with reference to BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART. I have issue with this BADI Call.

Thanks,

Yaseen M

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem.. First check whether your BADI Z implementation is active..

I advice to implement the logic under "VALIDATE_RESTART" method which makes more sense..

But the problem is I don't find any concrete logic to code because SC will not create versions like PO or Bid document dose..

All the changes are simply stored in a change document table, If a SC changed more than once then you will find multiple entries in the table as a result you can't validate only for price field here :-(..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Answers (0)