Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistics currency in Planning area

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

In Planning area , we maintain Statistics currency what for and where it is used

i am going to use one Planning area for many countries , meaning by region

but it was accidentally currency A was maintained , but now we are going to use same planning area for many countries , with different currency

what will be the impact , Please give some background about it and some suggestion

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

You can change the Statistics Currency of planning area. I think you require to deactivate the planning area (If you are below 5.0 APO version) , change the currency and again activate the planning area.

As we will deactivate the data, all the timeseries data will get deleted. Hence its advisable to take backup before you do this activity.

I think regarding existing planning book, we will not have any issue, if you are using this currency in any macro , you require to make any necessary changes.

As posted in my earlier posting you can use conversion rule while copying the currency from local one to the new standard one

I hope this will help you.

Amol

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

clsoed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

Are you using this currency values for some calcualtion in the macro for example to calculate key figure The todal sales in USD. If yes when you load the sales history for other coutries, I will suggest to convert local currency into the USD in the update rule.

Due to which you can have consistence picture across the different countries.

Amol

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your kind reply

but the problem is this planning area is dedicated for Asia , accidental y or by mistake one he maintained CNY - Chinese currency

but we are expanding to other Asian countries what would be the impact , i dont want any macros to calculate in CNY

can i change the planning area currency , if i change what will be the impact in exsisting china planning books

and where is the alternative place we can maintain currency to bypass planning area currency

Thanks & Regards

Raj