Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object for AUSBK (Source Company Code)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in need of 'controlling' the AUSBK (Source Company Code), along with BUKRS (Company Code).

When a GL accountant executes FBV3 (Display Parked Document), I would like to filter out documents with certain values of ASUBK data element (field), on top of the entered BUKRS value.

I have looked into SU20 & SU21, but I haven't found any authorization relating to AUSBK.

Best regards,

Tom

14 REPLIES 14

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are no authorization objects containing the authorization field AUSBK. The only way to achieve your requirement is troughout the creation of a custom authorization object, with transaction SU21, using the authorization fields that you want to test, and then adding in the ABAP code, in the proper part of the code, using the statement AUTHORITY-CHECK.

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea, thank you for your response !

I have never created a customize Authorization Object, before.

Do you have any links, notes, docs explaining.showing how to do it ?

It seems SU21 is straightforward, but the code using the statement AUTHORITY-CHECK is a gray area.

Do I have to have my ABAPer to do it ?

0 Kudos

Yes this is generally and normally done by ABAPER.

please use SU24 create an custom authorization object and then the custom authority field and ask the ABAPER to do his magic.

0 Kudos

Hi Franklin, thanks for your help !

Is it SU24 or SU21 to create a custom Authorization Object ?

My ABAPer has a very tight schedule, can I do it myself ?

Are there any docs, links where it shows to do it ...

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create custom authority field using SU20

Maintain or create custom authority object using SU21

Adding the authority object and field in a custom transaction will be using Su24

ABAPER should know this very well

0 Kudos

Franklin, thanks again !!

How can I do it myself,since the ABAPer is npt available.

Are there any links, docs showing howit is done.

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos

But if the check is not in the code then adding it to SU20, SU21 and Su24 is not going anywhere...

You need to add it to an apprpriate source code location and react to the check --> you need an ABAPer for this, preferably a good one because there are also easy ways to hang yourself in UI exits.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

If I remember correctly

execute SU20 transaction, it will have a paper rectangular button on the left corner which is create

start with letter Z.......... to creat a field

execute Su21 transaction, on the application menu bar you will a paper button with paper clip(down arrow)

you will have option to create custom authority field and authority field object.

Remember unless ABAPER enables these objects in the code he creates you cannot make this functional( based on what I know)

ABAPER in my case gave me CUSTOM TRANSACTION NAME and I added the custom object and field in SU24

0 Kudos

> ( based on what I know)

There is a lot of empirical evidence to support what you suspect.

The first path of least resistance should be to look in config. You can actually achieve alot that way without modifying or copying the system.

Out of curiosity, try run a trace on your custom object and even if found check to see whether the code even reacts to the check (same module pool used might use navigation back into the original transaction).

I suspect the ABAPer copied the module pool. Solutions like this in exits are a real pest and they are not secure unless the ABAPer is very security aware.

Few are. They generally just want to make it work in unit tests of their copied code at your current release level.

Not a good idea, normally.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

When, I create a Z* authorization field (SU20), I get a screen that asks for a 'Package' name.

What do I put in there ??

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi,

you are lacking basic knowledge about how development is organized in SAP system. The development package is an important thing which determines transport path. Usually, there is only one path but your landscape might be more complex. You need to know what you do and what to select. As it was already written just defining new custom authorization object won't do the job. I quickly checked FBV3 and it does not have a really nice structure. So you really need a developer to implement additional checks. Don't forget that you need to restrict Document list as well.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin, thank you for your reply !

Yes, I don't have ABAP basic knowledge, I would like to learn though

Do you recommend any docs, links, notes where I can read from ?

Also any info about the complete steps for creating a custom authorization object, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos

How did you resolve the issue?