cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization check for an offline Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Quick ques - Is there a way I can validate whether a user has the authorization to enter data on an offline Adobe form ?

The form is going to be generated and sent to users. So when the user is ready is to fill data, there is no connection to SAP.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Rds, Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO but what's the logic behind this functionality. If the form is offline anyone should be able to fill it !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Yes, you are right. I was just curious if anyone have had such a requirement where users are use offline forms and yet the client want some sort of authorization checks on them.

thanks for your reply.

Liz

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are not logged on while filling the Offline form, we cannot have Authorization check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after you get the form, you can put it in a archive like zip and save it with a passwort

or you can create a dynamic form with an input field at the top and clear alle other input fields if the word the user writes in the input fields differs from the static passwort which is set by default at creating the form (or by coding). u can do this with form calc or java in the script-editor.

but that's not very nice, i think

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies.

I was just curious if anyone have had such a requirement. I have heard of users implementing static passwords though.. even though its not a good idea.. was just wondering if there is a better approach.

I am closing this thread. Thanks for brainstorming

Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Password encrypted forms are not supported by SAP but you can try with other options like putting inputs fields for user and validating them but that would not be an encrypted one.

Password Encrypted Forms are supported from the Adobe LiveCycle ES versions 8.2 and it is a standalone tool and not supported by SAP.

Pl refer to the following links for more information:

[;

[;

[;

Thanks and Regards,

Jhansi Miryala