cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyrillic characters issue in ABAP mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using ABAP mapping program to convert IDOC XML to flat file. Further i am using FIle adapter to write this file on FTP server.

My problem is:

When Idoc contains CYRILLIC characters in payload, then these characters appear as "#" after the mapping has executed.

If I check in SXMB_MONI in XI, the inbound payload displays data correctly. In "Request Message mapping" node, if I check the output of ABAP mapping program, then cyrillic characters are replaced with "#". The same "#" is then written to File.

Do you have any idea, how do i deal with this problem.

NOTE: I tried passing encoding type = UTF-8 to the function - SCMS_STRING_TO_XSTRING which is used the mapping program to set the encoding type, but it did not work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The same "#" is then written to File.

Are you looking your data in AL11 directory? If yes then it will show # in the data, this the characteristic of AL11. So if you want to see it correctly then download the file to your PC first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@PI Expert: I tried to debug the ABAP mapping using SXI_MAPPING_TEST transaction, however when I paste my payload in the editor, the cyrillic characters appear as junk characters. Due to this, in the output, these junk characters are appear as "#"

@Sarvesh: I too initially thought that this could be problem with AL11, that it is not displaying the data correctly. However when I checked the "Request Message Mapping" node in SXMB_MONI, it showed "#" characters. Also the .csv file generated contains "#" only.

Thanks for your time and response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debug ABAP mapping code as UTF-8 contains all characters of Cyrillic.