cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the mapping between SAP table fields and GDT fields ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I will try to test out Enterprise Services to replicate material and customer.

Starting on the service to replicate material, I have studied the data element definitions for the Material structure (GDT names) and tried to map them to fields from MARA, MARC etc. since I will populate the structure in SAP and replicate the material to a non-sap system.

Problem is that the names on the data elements are so different in SAP and GDT. Is there anyone else struggling with the same mapping problems? Is there any documentation mapping GTD fields to SAP data dictionary fields??

Regards, Tine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very important questions and all ABAPer initially struggle with it. But if look closely, with GDT the names are more meaningful which you need to map to ABAP names. May be any functional consultant will be able to help you.

In my opinion no such mapping documentation exist.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tine,

Try searching for a class like CLGDT in SE24 on the SAP system. For example, for Enterprise Services in Utilities industry, the class CL_ISU_GDT_CONVERSION gives me a very good idea of which SAP fields are being mapped to the Enterprise Service proxy fields. The parameters of the methods in the class are the standard SAP table fileds and their associated proxy fields or ES fields.

Hope it helps.

-CK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tine,

This can be a really painful exercise. Like Gourav, I too haven't seen SAP publish any mapping from SAP GDT all the way back to Abap internal names. The mapping surely exists in one form or another, I'm assuming that's how the GDT/s came about but it's not freely available (or I haven't seen it).

I would go with a three pronged laborious option:

- Follow Gourav's suggestion of adopting a Functional Consultant to provide some insight.

- Follow Phillip's suggestion of getting a better description from ES Workplace &

- Drilling down on the methods of the SAP Standard Service Interface / Proxy that implement or use the GDT/s in question & see what the GDT/s values are eventually populating.

It is a rather tiresome process but most of the work is done in the initial stages & then ramps down as times goes on. Make sure to document the mapping well as you go along.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tine,

Have a look on the ES Workplace at data type descriptions for the enterprise service you would like to use.

The descriptions are quite detailed and might make the mapping to ABAP fields a bit clearer.

Cheers

Phillip