cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gross Weight issue in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing issue while creating outbound delivery.

I have created Sales Order with three line itmes with different material and quantity. After creating delivery with refernce to order it calculating wrong gross weight for first line item. We have define 1 to 1 ratio for delivery quantity and gross weight.

But for first line item it calculating gross weight as addition of weights for all 3 item lines and for rest of the two lines its showing correct. As shown below:

e.g.

Line Item        Delivey Weight           Gross Weight
1                    108                             296(Wrong) --> it should be 108
2                     10                              10
3                    178                             178

Need your exprties here.

Thanks in Advance.

Reagrds

-Deven

Edited by: DevenR on Sep 2, 2010 12:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

I think It is reason for the sales order to delivery copy control. item category of line item with wrong gross weight in delivery creation has differ from item category of the other line items. Please check the specific copy control of sales order to delivery for item category getting wrong weight and check your routines for data transfer for specific item category from LO > Shipping > Copying control > Specify copy control for deliveries.

Please check those configurations and I hope these will work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the first item is using different item category? And probably then different copy routine is assigned to this item category, which takes the gross weight of a whole document instead.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

One more strange thing i observed is i am facing this problem only when shiiping type is Rail. While i process same scenario with shipping type Truck everthing works perfect.

Regards,

-Deven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAn you check what is the gross weight maintained in material master for the material at item 1.

Rgds

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thnaks for your reply.

I checked the Gross Wt maintianed in material masrter. I found no pronlem with that. Actaully even if change the Material at line item 1 still prblem remain same.

Regards,

-Deven

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use batch split functionality or Bill of Materials in your system? Please confrm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we use Batch Split Funcationality.

Regards

-Deven

Edited by: DevenR on Sep 13, 2010 8:54 AM

0 Kudos

Please let us know if u found any solution to it.