Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to pay manual accrual as part payment

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a Rebate agrrement with manual payment procedure-B-Payment allowed up to the value of the pro forma sett. In sales volume I can see a value of Rs.80K from different billing docuement. I also posted a manual accrual of Rs.50 over and above this.

When I wish to pay the complete amount Rs.80050/-under patial settlment, I cannot pay more than Rs.80K which is max limit.

My question is why system does not allow to pay manual accrual as partial payment. If It is not possible, then what is use of manual accrual. Ultimately it has to be used to pay to customer.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Proble reolved by changing manual payment option in Rebate document type.

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

I think there is a misunderstanding of the functionality or the usage of manual accruals. Manual accrauls are more relevant in the old rebate procedure when it is not possible to retroactively update billing documents that were created before, but within an agreement's validity. They can of course still be used in the new rebate procedure but they do not have any bearing on the final settlement amount that is to be paid to the rebate customer. That is dependant solely on the sales volume.

If you expect the max amount to be paied in partial settlement is the accural value, please adjust the setting of "Payment procedure" to A in VB(2 for the agreement type.

Payment procedure B means the payment up to the final settlement amount, which is the acutal rebate condition value calculated based on the sales volume.

Please also notice that in the final settlement of the rebate agreement, system will do a recalculation based on the cumulated condition base value of the rebate condition and deduct the amount which has been paid to customer.

For example, rebate value cumulated from the normal billing documents:

100- USD, manual accruals: 50- USD, you have carried out the partial settlement by Payment procedure A which is 150- USD. Then you carry out the final settlement, the final amount to be paid would be 100- - 150- = 50 USD.

So bear in mind that manual accruals are a temporary document, to allow FI to reflect a current situation, they have no bearing on the actual sales volume or terms of the rebate agreement.

If this is a valid business process for your company you can use note 215438 to create a zero value final settlement to support the process. This means you could manual change with the amount in final settlement to 0 to complete your process.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex