cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Alert in System Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all,

we use SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 and implemented CEN to monitor our systems.

Sometimes there occurs an strange, inactive alert with the description "( . . : : ) ".

Does anybody know the reason for this?

Thanks for your replys.

Regards,

Philipp

Edited by: Philipp Schrieder on Sep 2, 2010 12:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you please little bit elabarate your query?

is your alert is active but not accessable??

if yes, the alert is active in Solution Manager but Solution Manager does not find the technical MTE name (Monitor Tree Element) in the satellite system.

this might be communication problems if MTEs are not present in CCMS/RZ20 of the satellite system and are not refreshed.so check the RFC assignment in SMSY, i.e. the READ connection. if you even want deleting and recreating the RFCs for the satellite (SMSY with button "Generate RFC with Assistant").

Regarding the TRUSTED RFC, please check SAP Note 128447 (check that the authorization object S_RFCACL is assigned to the RFC users.

or else, you might be the resetting of the system monitoring and in this process remove the missing MTEs and settings. Removing the 'monitoring flag' for the corresponding satellite system in the System Monitoring setup session deletes all customizing settings and all user defined alerts. You had to enter your data again, however. To make sure to address possible inconsistencies, the session component can also be re-initialized (open 'Setup System Monitoring'; choose 'Session Components' - 'Re-initialize'; confirm; reselect the system that you want to activate).

and these alerts should be deactivated (remove the flag in column 'Activate').

check and update,

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jansi,

thanks for your help. The RFC-Connections are correctly configuered. S_RFCACL is assigned to the RFC user.

Deactivating the customizing for the satellite system and re-initializing didn't help. But i solved the probelm by now: I just reset the corresponding MTE in the satellite system.

Regards

Philipp