cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences VC 6 (NetWeaver2004) and VC 7 (NetWeaver2004s)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a document/information that describes all the differences between the Visual Composer for SAP Portal 6 (NetWeaver2004) and the new version for SAP Portal 7 (NetWeaver2004s)?

I looked in several places but I haven't found a nice overview. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The Central Note (919388) for the Visual Composer version recently released with NW 2004s SPS8 includes an overview of the new and changed features since the Analytics pilot was released on NW 2004. These changes include, among others:

- Alert data services

- Deploying models for use as callable objects in GP

- Data stores

- Support for web services

- Removal of HTMLB runtime

For more details, I'd suggest you take a look at the note.

Hope this helped.

Judy

olaf_reiss
Participant
0 Kudos

In addition:

You can deploy your SAP Visual Composer Models as flash or SAP Web Dynpro.

You can also integrate your SAP Visual Composer Models into a Composite Application.

That's realy nice feature.

CU

Olaf Reiss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the Release Notes for the Visual Composer releases in SAP NetWeaver 2004s SP Stack 08 http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/57/a21f407b402402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

In the "What’s New in SAP NetWeaver 2004s – Release Notes" section, go to the IT Scenario "Developing, Configuring and Adapting Applications," and under Support Package Stack 08, you'll find the list of new/changed Visual Composer Features.