cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAMANAGER -> Wsnavigator does not show ABAP Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need some help on Webservices from ABAP Stack.

We have 2 different servers for ECC and Portal. We want to publish and test a webservice from ABAP stack. There are 2 issues where I need some guidance:

1. WSnavigator only shows the standards Java based webservice. I configured the portal J2ee engine in soamanager -> system global settings. How can I enable ABAP ( ECC ) based webservice to be published on wsnavigator ( on portal J2ee ) to enable testing.

2. When I try to open WSDL for selected binding - it try's to open from a weird host 'zbacs'. It works when I explicitly specify the current ECC host/port in other 'Show WSDL Options'. But the address location in generated wsdl again points to the weird host name.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please clarify which versions of WS Navigator, ECC, and Portal you are using?

Versions 7.1.1 and later of WS Navigator provide several ways of finding the service you want to test: WSDL URL, provider system, and Services Registry.

Please consider that publishing and testing a Web service are two different procedures. You can publish a service in the central Services Registry in your landscape. Publishing is not mandatory, services work normal even when they are not published.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The portal is on 7.01 SP5.

I managed to get ECC webservice visible from wsnavigator by -

1. Open Visual Administrator of Portal

2. Server > Services > Web Services Container

3. Under the Runtime TAB, click on the Settings Tab (found along the bottom)

4. Please enter * (star) in the WEb Service Navigator White List > Allowed Hosts

Thanks and regards,

Amit.

Answers (0)