cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bud. exceed error on settlement, statistical project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In my system I have created Statistical Project WBS (with CC posted). I have assigned NW Activities to it and doing all my procurements through Activities.

Everything goes fine (Planning- Budgeting-PR-PO-GR etc.) till settlement.

When I do settlement (CJ88) the system gives error of Budget Exceed (BP604) even when sufficient budget is available on WBS elements.

Can anybody suggest how it can be removed. (Currently I do CJBW then settle and then again do CJBN. But this does not look a good solution to me).

JOHRIP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Ahmed. There you cannot settle statistical cost of any Object i.e. Order, WBS etc.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didnt notice this line

even when sufficient budget is available on WBS elements.

But, I dont think you can settle a statistical WBSE. Can you tell me what you are trying settle and to where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed/ Nitin

I am doing the following.

I have created Statistical Project WBS (with CC posted). I have assigned NW Activities to it and doing all my procurements through Activities.

When I do settlement (CJ88), for Network Activities, the system gives error of Budget Exceed even when sufficient budget is available on WBS elements.

Currently I do CJBW then settle and then again do CJBN. But this does not look a good solution to me.

JOHRIP

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think here you are setting Netwrok activity to stastical WBS. System should allow this kind of settlement, If budget is there should not get availability control error. Pelase sahre error message no if you are geting the same. System will not allow to settle when you settle from statistical WBS to any where else.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System behaviour is correct. There is nothing wrong.

Network activities will consume the budget of the assigned WBSE. So, for example you have budget of 100 and actual cost of 100 at activity level, now the available budget is 0 for WBS. When you try to settle, 100 will be posted to WBS but now there is 0 budget. So system will not allow you to settle.

Read my very first reply, I have given you the possible solution for this.

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed<

The same is happening in my case of settlemnt also. saying budget exceeded.

I am only using WBS elemnts (no activities)

W1: 100 assigned

W2: 50 distributed

W2: 50 distributed.

When i consume 10 at level 2 and then go for settlemnt at W1: showing that budget exceeded.

pls help

regards

Surya

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont understand your term "When I consume 10 at level 2"

Also, write what is the budget at individual level, assigned values, available budget and what are you settling to where? This will help to understand your issue better.

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

W1: level one WBS: 100 assigned

W2, W2: 2 WBS elemnts at level two: 50 distributed to each from W1

Now i have made a purchase for 50 and posted to w2 (level 2), and at the month end i need to settle 50 at leavl two.

Once i do settelment , the error is budget exceeded.

Correct me if i am wrong: i need to settle 50 to W1 (level1) and then settle W1 (level 1) to AUC.

Hope so now my question is clear.

Edited by: Surya Pampana on Oct 21, 2010 3:30 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System behaviour is correct,

There is no budet available in level 1 because it is been distributed to the lower level.

I would suggest you to search the forum more on this subject, you will find many threads explaining this.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your tolerance limit ( It is spossible it is less than 100%) SPRO --> PS --> COSTS --> Budget --> Tolerance limit.

Check this message is due to WBS budget ( and it is not due to Founds management budget) , this is explainned in the message.

If you this all is OK you can execute transaction CJBN in order to repair availability budget...

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SARA

Budget Tolerance limits are ok (100%).

Error is due to WBS Budget check.

Same scenario works fine if the WBS are not statistical.

Thanks and Regards.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are rolling up the cost by settlement from lower level to higher level WBSE, then budget check will happen. This is std. design of SAP. If you dont want the budget check then either de-activate the Availability control or else you settlement by settlement cost element and exempt those settlement cost element in IMG. So that Budget check will not happend during settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed

I have no problem with Budget check happening.

The problem is when the system is giving error even when sufficient budget is available.

This is happening only with the case of a Statistical Project.

In my organization, in a parallel system is having exactly the same set-up, just the WBS are not statistical (we are making settlement rule to CC in WBS). There this problem does not happen.

Thanks and Regards.