cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure Local Desktop as a Business System in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please provide me with the different steps needed to Configure our own desktop as a one of the Business System in the XI SLD. And also on Desktop side.?

- harshad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks to all of you for reply. But if I want to make it as a receiver. Then do I need to do any additional setting for this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

You local desktop as a receiver?...Well, depending on the kind of data you want to place on your desktop?...you can accordingly configure the appropriate adapter and give your IP address details, etc..

-Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

Even if you want to make it your receiver,you just have to create a Business service in the Integration Directory and you do not have to make Business System for the same unless it is an R/3 System.....

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

if the requirement is to pick up the file from your local desktop, in your file adapter, just give the IP ADDRESS of your Machine , followed by a shared folder name.

just make sure that XI server can access this folder and has read and write access on that folder.

Like mentioned by Vijaya, you can use a Business Service.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just need to pick up the file from your desktop then you can just create a Business service in the Integration Directory, you do not have to make Business System for the same.

Is there any particluar reason that you need to declare it as Business system.

Rgards

Vijaya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

he didn't mention that but he might have an r3

on his desktop

who knows

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, thats the reason I have asked is there any specific reason for the Business system.

regards

Vijaya