cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap gui problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i had a gui 7.10 installed on windows7 from last 4 months it is fine with the dev & quality server , but now i am facing a strange problem. when i click log in first time it say's " partner not reached " but after closing that error message when again i click log in it connects .it is like this every time when i try to log in.

can any one give me the solution.

thanks in advance

Edited by: grewal77 on Sep 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining those server entries in dns server should resolve your problem, else you can try to maintain the same details in /drivers/etc/hosts file of your system as suggested by others.

Regards,

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows 7 has a new function (it was in Vista as well) - if a network resources is not used, the connection is closed. I would suggest that is what is happening to you - the first attempt that fails then re-opens the connection so that it works on the second attempt.

Try going into the properties of the network adaptor, click on the "configure" button, then see if there is a "power management" tab. If there is check and see if the check box for "allow the computer to turn off device to save power" is marked. Uncheck it and see if that resolves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Tony Sutcliffe ,

i did what u said but still when i ping first response it say

Reply From 172.168.1.1: Destination host unreachable

Reply From 172.168.1.45: bytes =32 time <1ms TTL=128

the 172.168.1.1 is the ip of one of virtual machine virtual network card which is used to share the private network with host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to maintain the ip address and host details of your SAP servers in the hosts file available in your machine. The hosts file will be available in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

If the problem still persists, I would prefer u to contact ur network team.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grewal,

While trying to login to ur DEV and QUA servers, check whether u r able to ping them (DEV and QUA servers) continuously from ur machine without any pocket losses. If there is any losses in data pockets then the issue should be with network. By this way we can sort out the issue.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varadhu,

when i ping the server in first line it says destination host unreachable after that it works fine .if i ping it again it works fine ,

but if i ping after 20 to 30 min the result is same first line it says destination host unreachable after that it works fine .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have mentioned if you have multiple app servers (can be clustered) use ipaddress of the message server instead of host name.

How ever, problem do not appear to be DNS resolution.

Did you move to remote office or change office at remote location with VPN connection( or may be Network configuration is changed)? Usually this happens when VPN connection sleeps when there is no packet transfer and establises connection "on demand " ie. when it sees packs transfer.

Best way to test above possibility is keep pinging continusly with out end for say whole day and try to connect after 5-6 hrs gap as did earlier and you if you did not get same error, issue is with the way VPN tunnel if configured. If proves, report it to Network Management team.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Check if its is any DNS resolution issue from the PC,

in the GUI connection settings --> Application server, replace the Server Hostname with IP address and try.

If you have multiple app servers, instead of application server replace message server hostname with IP address.

If problem remains, check server log files for any error details.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna Valluru i am using the IP address not the host name , but i am using the clustring with two Node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you recently installed any antivirus software? also when ever you are getting the error, check if the network connection is still available using ping and tracert commands. also check if the dispatcher ports are getting blocked by any antivirus softwares