cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table snake

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a table with two columns, one with a name, the other with an image. The number of rows will mean that this goes on to multiple pages and I'd like to have this all on one page. Is it possible that instead of the rows disappearing onto another page, instead they begin at the top of the same page, alongside each other. So, I have the same table snakeing its way up and down the page.

I guess I could do this with multiple tables and just split the data up but I was wondering if there is an easy way to do this - maybe a property ?

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

may be you could bind "rowCount" property of TABLE ui element to a context attribute of type integer. and set that attribute with the number of context elements at runtime.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Srilatha. I've just noticed the Multi_Pane UI element and I'm wondering if this would be a better way to go than using a table. I've not used Multi_Pane before, does anyone have a view on this ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Correct me if I am wrong . Instead of using a table of 2 columns , you could use a table of 4 columns with 1st and 3rd having data and 2nd and 4th having image.

then may be you can populate the context(may be you will have to do this a bit carefully) as you want (in a more horizontal way).

suppose ls_node is your structure.It has 4 fields(f1,f2,f3,f4) where f1 and f3 is data .f2 and f4 is image.And also suppose that you have the data in a internal table(upto 80 rows) then,

f1 and f2 may be populated from beginning of itab.

f3 and f4 may be populated from say 40 th row of itab.

Then resultant may be first 40 in f1 and f2

Next 40 in f3 and f4.

Please dont mind if the solution is foolish.I jus thought this out.It might be wrong.

cheers,

Aditya.

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply Aditya, I will bear it in mind. I've had a look at multi_pane and it seems quite straight forward, so I'll give that a go first. I may come back to yours if it doesn't work !

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

hello again,

I've implemented the multi_pane UI element and it works a treat - real easy to use and is just what I needed. Thanks for your replies, I've awarded points for your helpful answers.

cheers,

Malcolm.