cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which one is first either TOR or Availablity check and why it so

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

i have a doudt in my mind, when sales order is punched with the given details of material/quanity/Reqstd Dly date then what are the triggering activities will happen in backend from TOR & AC point of view.

Regards

uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FIRST: TOR, it passes the order requirements to the Production team. If we have sufficient quantity system will confirms the Quantity.

SECOND: Availability Check. Here if there is no sufficient quantity system runs the backorder processing and gives the required delivery date on the basis of Material availability.

hope this will helps.

Regards

JYothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATP - Availability Check

TOR- Transfer of Requirement

As per my business logic understanding first TOR should be happen then ATP.

TOR carries out the requirement of order in MRP and creates a demand. once TOR creates a demand with MRP,the system can carryout availability check for particular material for particular order.whlile carrying out the availability check function system tries to determine ATP.

ATP Qty. = Warehouse stock + planned receipts - planned issues.

please check config on given wiki - [Availability Check (ATP) & Transfer of Requirement (TOR) |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29323]

Regards,

Rajeev

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Whenever you cretae a Sales Order & if Availability Check & TOR is activated then system will first check whether the required Stock would be available by the requeted Delivery Date.

This means that the system first checks the Availability of Material & if the material is not availalbe till the Requested Delivery Date then it Transfer the Requirements to MM / PP for Production or external Procurement.

Thus system first does Availability Check & then if necessary it executes TOR.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta