cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBMAS message type used in 2 different Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a interface where R/3 is sending customer master data to PI and PI is routing it to Legacy system.In r/3 side we have different distribution model filter for sale organisation and company code.My question is if the same message type DEBMAS will be used in dirrerent distribution model for different interface scenario, how PI is going to decide which interface it will send the DEBMAS IDOC? I think in this scenario R/3 will send customer data to both of the pi interfaces.Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to solve this you could. configure the segment EDIDC40 in your mapping if you can determinate logically the target system. this case apply if you use the same mapping for both cases.

if you have differents mappings so you can configure an split target system in Receiver Determination ussing a routing rules.

take in mind that PI doesnt know what the value of the data in the structures, so you as developer must apply the correct logic.

also see this

See notes:

a) 728792 - how the fields in the control record get set.

b) 792333 for an overview of how to convert partners in the IDoc adapter.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope its helps

Rodrigo P-.

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 3, 2010 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly.. as correctly said by Stefan. Just add the recipient name in RCVPRN in the IDOC and do a conditional Receiver Determination so that it should only send to the corresponding receiver whenever the condition is true. if you won't set any condition then the IDOC will go to both receivers.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have a seperate distribution model in R/3, you can use RCVPRN for routing condition.

RCVPRN = logsys1 -> receiver 1

RCVPRN = logsys2 -> receiver 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answer, I'm thinking since logical system is different for both of the distribution model, if i put logical system name in business system in sld we will be good, please correct me if i'm wrong.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

> thanks for the answer, I'm thinking since logical system is different for both of the distribution model, if i put logical system name in business system in sld we will be good, please correct me if i'm wrong.

If you mean to say that you will be creating 2 Business Systems in SLD for the same R3 system then I don't agree and won't recommend for this. Just imagine if tomorrow you are going to send the same IDOC to 3 more receiver then what? Will you create 3 more BS in SLD.

Just to control the IDOC sending to different receiver do the conditional Receiver Determination and use the option in your IDOC as suggested by Stefan.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The business systems in SLD and the logical system maintained in R/3 should match.

So it is a good idea to maintain the logical systems in SLD also.

If you receive IDocs from PI, then the logical system in sender business system is obligatory anyway.