Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Validation For XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to validate XML Schema for XSD.

How can I achieve this?

I found so many threads, but seems to be incomplete.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs. But, I am working on PI7.0.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sushama

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But, I am working on PI7.0.

1) You can either do it in Receiver Determination (not a good option if many fields are to be validated).

2) You can use JAVA mapping to do the validation, I remember seeing a thread/ blog on how JAVA mapping can be used here, especially for SAP PI < 7.1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the inputs..

Could you please elaborate how to do this in receiver determination!

Kindly provide reference for java Mapping also..some sample piece of code or so..

Thanks,

Sushama

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Could you please elaborate how to do this in receiver determination!

XSD validation functionality basically checks if the incoming message is as per some pre-defined structure.....it checks if all the nodes are present or not.

If you want to do it in RD then you can make use of the EX function provided or can refer the Blog by Shabharish (Customize your XPATH)......if you want to check for the entire message, then it is not recommended to follow this approach

Kindly provide reference for java Mapping also..some sample piece of code or so..

I dont know why but I am not able to see the Search functionality in SDN today (it was visible till Friday) ....so may be if for you it is visible in your browser then just make a search with XSD validation and keep the date range as All.....some old posts should be able to help (older than 2 yrs).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Defining the exact location of the xsd on the web as as is usually quite complex and error prone. Hence I would recommend to activate xsd validation in the sender or receiver agreement (Activate validation by integration engine). If you then send a message you will find an error in the transaction sxmb_moni. This error will tell you where to put the xsd.

Make sure that the xsd xs accessible for the OS user <sid>adm!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushma,

XML Validation feature has been incorporated in SAP PI starting 7.10 . There are a lot of documents on SDN for this feature.

You may also take a look at the following two docs for examples to implement this feature:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d026d253-3108-2c10-69a0-a5460fc1f...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06dff94-9913-2b10-6f82-9717d9f83...

I hope this answers your query.

Regards, Gaurav.