cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs and inconsistencies in WebDynPro NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know if anybody else has experienced the same erratic behaviors from WebDynPro (NetWeaver 2.0.8 final release).

1. Sometimes when you build, the build hangs forever showing the "Rebuild all ..." in the modal Build dialog window. If you click "Cancel", the dialog window won't disappear, and you will have to resolve to kill NetWeaver. I waited over 15 minutes once, just to see if it was only that the build process was slow sometimes, but no progress at all.

2. The controller dependencies are broken in one of my project. Even after unassigning/reassigning a controller dependency to a view, It wouldn't work. The only way I found was to create another controller.

I just hope for the happiness and well being of others, that I'm the only one having these inconsistencies.

Alexis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lol,

After all, for the 2nd topic, it's actually an 18 error code (the error is at 18inch of the screen). In my wdDoInit function, I had a code instruction spanning on multiples lines (as follow) :

1 UserTransactionSetSingleton singleton =

2 UserTransactionSetSingleton.singleton(wdThis);

I only had a breakpoint on line #1, while the function threw at line #2. So I never reached line number one, and my catch exceptions were not properly handling the thrown exception...

In most UI debugger I used in my life, breakpointing on line 1 implied line 2 also. But in the Eclipse environment it seems not to be the case

At least I'm glad it's not something really severe.

On the other hand, I still have the build hang problem, which some other colleagues here have also. Maybe SP10 resolves this problem.

Alexis

Former Member
0 Kudos

About my 2nd inconsistency.

I was able to target the source of the error. It's when you rename a controller. Eventhough WebDynPro tells you that he's going to update all dependencies related to your controller, in fact it won't work correctly.

For example, I created a StubController a made one of my view depend of it (with some noop code). While debug, I was able to breakpoint into its wdDoInit() method.

If I renamed StubController and NOT TOUCHING anything else, rebuilt my application and debugged it, the initialization of my renamed StubController wasn't done anymore (though its constructor was called.).

Anyhow, to sum things up, my advise is to never rename a controller....

Former Member
0 Kudos

...and my advice is to open an OSS message