Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLoc of Free goods from main item

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I concern how can free goods storage location roll up from main item? Actually, the plant of free goods inherits from main item but not SLoc. So do you have any suggest for my concern? Thks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Nguyen Pham,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Maybe there are something abnormal 'cause I have some enhancements but I had gone thru SAP doc but I could not find the comment about the SLoc. Actually, I use MALA-Shipping point / plant / storage condition so if I do not put in Sloc, the shipping point could not determine. That the reason I need SLoc in SO immediately. Thks all!

Regards,

Nguyen Pham,

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thks for your reply! But currently there are a lot of Sloc in each plant and in material master I have to maintain in all SLoc in same plant. I get your point but maybe u misunderstand my concern. When SAP roll out free goods based on my config, SAP can show up the free mat with same plant with main item but not SLoc. Is there any other idea about that?

Thks for your support!

Regards,

Nguyen Pham,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the occurrence is possible if the free good material is not the same as the main item.

but if your free good material is the same as the main item, i see no standard config where the free item will not have a storage location proposal in the delivery when there is for the main item. i assume the settings for the free goods item category are standard.

is it possible that picking location has not been defined and instead the storage location for the main item was input in the order? or is there an enhancement running? are the schedule lines the same for both main and free items?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nguyen Pham ,

I don't think so there is any connection for storage location w.r.t. main item

because system will pick the free item what you mention in free goods condition record , this is only to take the free item

BUT,

once free item is finalise the system will take that free material from respective plant and storage loc. as per your configuration like where material is store (MM01, MM02) and which storage location and shipping point assign to plant (OVL2)

system will pick respectively

Regards

Hanumant

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Daer Nguyen Pham,

Your question is not very clear ,

In free goods two things you need to rember, whether you are doing 1. inclusive free goods 2. exclusive free goods.

Based on those two it also calculate on 3 diffrent ways,

unit rate ,

pro- rate ,

whole unit .

it depends on type of free goods you are giving at the time of sales order based on that system determines the storage location. if you have maintained st.location determination, if not then you can munually select in delivery.

Regards

Venkat