cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert IDOC to IDOC-XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to SAP PI and I want to know which component in XI converts inbound IDOC to IDOC-XML format. It can't be IDOC Adapter because there is no sender IDOC Adapter in IE,right?

Thanks and Regards

Michael

Edited by: Michael Rui on Sep 2, 2010 4:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To me what I understand is that Idoc is on ABAP stack and so is PI .the adapters are on Java Stack and is used to convert the messages coming from different source and going out to different receiver to XML format.

Since the Idoc and PI are on the same stack so they can communicate easily however the IDco Metadata is found from IDX2.

Correct me if I am worng.

Hope it answers your question.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ravi Anand,

You need to clarify your basics regarding PI (which stack it is based on), Adapters, different Engines in PI etc.

Correct me if I am worng.

Your understanding about PI and it's architecture is somewhat not clear, hence your explanation is not correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If you review on the topic adapters..not all adapters lies on JAVA stack..IDOC adapter is on ABAP stack!

Regards,

R-jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

IDOC to IDOC-XML conversion takes place using IDOC metadata which is loaded on the integartion server.

Please refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

-Supriya.

Edited by: Supriya Sawant on Sep 2, 2010 7:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

The link you provided is very helpful ,Thank you.

Michael

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDX2...IDOC metadata....search SDN for more info.