cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asyn SOAP receiver:how to trigger message retry when error occur?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus:

we are using asyn SOAP receiver(ABAP proxy-->SOAP), the status of messages in SXMB_MONI are all ok, but in the RWB, from Communication Channel monitor we can find error occur:

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Information Delivering to channel: MES_SOAP_RECEIVER

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Information SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Error SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid http response: null

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Information SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

2010-09-02 03:35:01 Information SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

our question is not how to fix the web service problem but: the SOAP error can not lead to message error, the message retry is impossible

how to resolve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for my poor english.

I mean: how to set the message to error status when SOAP error?

in syn call, the SOAP error will be catched and the messages in SXMB_moni show us error occur, but in asyn mode, SOAP error does not lead to message error.

is there anyway to implement this: SOAP receiver comunication channel error-->message error?

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, if message is failed with system error(e.g. Server is not reachable etc.), message status will be set as failure even in for Async communication.

Edited by: Samiullah Qureshi on Sep 2, 2010 1:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For async scenario, once the message passes successfully through the Integration engine level(sucessfull piepline steps and all) then in that case u wont see any error status under moni even if the message fails at Adapter engine(as like in ur scenario).

Thanks

Amit

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forget to mention that you will see the error in sxi_monitor for soap async communication failure if ur sender is requesting acknowledgement.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you can't watch this in sxmb_moni. This would violate the communication principle af async messages. There is a product of a swiss company called resource (resource.ch) available that enhances your sxmb_moni experience by some nice features called flex monitor.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the retry interval for your channel.

Do you want to repeat the processing for failed messages? Did you try using the Repeat option of the Message Monitoring?

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

our question is not how to fix the web service problem but: the SOAP error can not lead to message error, the message retry is impossible

I didn't get ur question.

If ur question is abt retrying the message in case of error, u can do it from ur SOAP receiver communication channel.

Go to Comm Channel Monitoring -> Select ur CC -> Go to Setting Tab

There u can set number of retries ur commiunication channel must do(in case of error) and after hw much time interval.