cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax jurisdiction code in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to Populate tax Jurisdiction code automatically in SRM? we have backend connected to taxware, is there a way to get this data from R3 and populate it in SRM? what needs to be done to have the jurisdiction code field available in SRM? we are using srm ecs.

Thanks

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Tax codes are defined for product categories in Configuration Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category. This config creates entries in table BBP_DET_TAX_CODE . In order to override the values in this table you may use BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI

For calculation of Tax based on your jurisdiction code and other parameters, BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI can be used......

Regards

Virener Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Thanks for your response. My question was whether Jurisdiction code a standard field or custom field in SRM? Right now i can't see this field anywhere in SRM, how should i activate this and how the data gets maintained in the jurisdiction code field in SRM? please let me know. because i believe in order to calculate tax from external taxware connected to R/3 we have to pass the values for tax code and tax jurisdiction code for eg.,, i am wondering how to get this jurisdiction code value in srm in first place.

Thanks

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Jurisdiction Code is not at all available in SRM. So you have tax code and Tax Map BADI can be used to call ECC System and pick up Jurisdiction Code for Tax Calculation purposes. This can in turn be utilized by Tax calculation software and get the value of Tax in SRM....

Please refer to the documentation of TAX MAP BADI for more details. If you still want jurisdiciton code to be filled in some SRM, you will need to create a custom field for that and implement a logic in Change BADI to update that value.....But again you will need Tax MAP BADI for tax information using Tax Code and Jurisdiction Code

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

I see that tax jurisdiction code field is available at business partner data level (external/internal addresses), can you please comment. is yours Extended classic? do you think we need to we need to create a new custom field in SRM to store jurisdiction code value as PO is created locally in SRM before it gets transferred to backend?

Regards

deepu