cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universities work together?

Former Member
0 Kudos

While I was reading u201CWith this challenging economy...will customers use BI to track customers? u201C thread I started thinking about BI course and the material students cover at University of Texas at Dallas, where I am currently a student. But in just few seconds I realized that the answer is not as simple as it might first appear. What students learn and in what extend they cover the material that can give them a good idea what BI (and not only) is and what can be done with it is a question that probably will have different answers from the different universities.

Really the SAP courses that are offered in Universities are great and will give students good understanding and introduction. What I think students will not be able to get is a deep understanding of the processes of different modules and integration between them.

SAP is a very big and broad to be covered in one course that is why we usually learn module by module. Still, without any further digging into the system if they count on the material in class only, they will not get the whole picture. We have such a great examples, cases and exercises, that explain a given functionality (or practice in business) in details. Do you think that one course for one module is enough? A material master for example has thousands of settings and in class we get introduced to couple of them combined in one or two scenarios. There are plenty of others not covered.

Certification programs are a great help here, but still they are limited. A great option for students would be to be able to take certification programs online (I believe that is possible for some of the Universities located in UK, Germany and Australia only). Some of the students are serious about SAP and are ready to learn more.

I was thinking about SAP to create an online base that will offer advanced material/classes for students only with Universities collaboration. Number of SAP courses offered at Universities depends on various factors and for some Universities there might not be enough students to register for an advance class, for some others this might be different, but an online centralized base would gather students whose intentions are to become an experts in SAP and this would fix problems of the sort: faculties not available to teach, not enough students to register etc.

Another option I was thinking about for further University Alliance development (that applies for Universities practices) is to open the boundaries and to allow u201Cguest studentsu201D to participate in SAP (online and on campus) courses. Why not this information to be put on SAP University Alliance web page, so each student could have the information very easy and clear? May be there is more that can be done, so students will be able to effectively and easy benefit from the University Alliance program. And may be Universities can combine efforts and work together?

Miglena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand that this matter is in the competence of SAP as well.

What I wanted to point here is that the program would be probably more efficient if SAP and Universities open some of the boundaries and allow a little more choice for students to participate in SAP UA worldwide, not only locally for the Country, City or University they belong to by the means of their education.

Another question here, if there is someone that knows the answer, (I can accept the situation the way it is now, as there is nothing I can do) is when a Pilot project for an online certification will be available for USA too? What are the factors that impact such decision?

Thanks very much,

Miglena