cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAp Web Dispatcher Restrict user access to 1800

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we have a sap web dispatcher 7.0 before a world wide portal. at the moment we need to restrict the amount of users loggin in over the sap web dispatcher into the portal to 1800. is there any way to restrict access?

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can set the parameter icm/max_conn in the web dispatcher:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/3d9f2504bb58d5e10000000a421937/content.htm

Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Clebio,

thanks for the feedback. I have seen this parameter. In our system this parameter is set to icm/max_conn = 16350

I can reduce this parameter to 1800. But I'm not completly sure, if user loads increase over hours, which is in our scenario the case. Will this parameter really prevent, that more than 1800 users can login? for example a user is login in and then is a while inactive, the connection between sap web dispatcher and portal would be closed for that user, even that the user is still logged into the portal. In my understanding, even if I reduce the parameter to 1800, a lot more users can be logged on the system over the time. Correct me, if my assumptions are not correct.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Reading better what you wants to control. I think that the better option to limit the number of user logged in the portal is set this configuration in the portal, not in the web dispatcher. But, unfortunately I have no idea how you should do this on the portal.

With the parameter icm/max_conn you can control the number of simultaneous connection in the web dispatcher, but for web dispatcher doesn't matter if the user is logged in the portal or not.

You also can control the connection with the parameter icm/max_sockets (two sockets per connection), but the problem is the same than icm/max_conn.

I think that you should control this limit in the portal because the web dispatcher cannot know if the user is logged or not on the portal. With these parameters in the web dispatcher, you only can make sure that will not be created more than 1800 simultaneous requests to the portal.

Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I have found out how to block users on the portal. Better approach.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/LimitingNumberofUsersLogged+On

Thanks again for the help.

Alexander

Answers (0)