Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to influence customer order (VA01) article search results

don_godreau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus!

We're running ECC 5.0 for retail and we have a business request to change the standard search within the ECC create/modify sales order (VA01/VA02) so that when a user searches for an article that the only articles that are returned that match the search criteria have inventory in the site.

I've been looking for a badi or user exit specifically to affect the results of a search within the sales order functionality but I can't see to find one. Can you point me in the right direction, or let me know if something like this is available?

If not, where would I insert a custom enhancement to make this work (i.e. which standard program would require modification)?

Thanks,

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don

I don't have Retail knowledge or system ( with me) to help you.

But in standard ERP, you can set up new search help or match codes for materials and assortments.

IMG Path:

Materials

SPRO/IMG/Logistics - General/Material Master/Tools/Maintain Search Helps

Assortments

SPRO/IMG/Logistics - General/Assortment/Assortment/Matchcodes, Assortments

I am sure you will have similar search helps in Retail IS also for Articles.

Having said that, Search Helps are usually for static master data fields like Material Group, Product Hierarchy, class etc. and I am not sure if it will be easy to build a search help for a dynamic piece of information like availability of stock.

In any case work with Basis/ABAP teams while building new, custom search helps.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

don_godreau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandrasekhar:

I've run this by my ABAP resource and he feels that this will work for us.

Don