cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return PO in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a process to create a return PO for vendor returns.

1) Create return PO

2) Create return del

3) Create return TO

4) Confirm & ship Del

My question is, when creating TO the stock is getting sent to 916 storage type.

In other words, we are returning good products to vendors instead of the damaged ones.

Is there anyway, I can force the system to pick up the damaged products instead of the good ones ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is, when creating TO the stock is getting sent to 916 storage type.

In other words, we are returning good products to vendors instead of the damaged ones.

Storage type itself is not in connection with the quality of goods (good or damaged), it has nothing to do with it.

Normally damaged goods are stored in blocked stock type. You can decide whether you want to send them out from blocked stock type or from unrestricted stock type (in latter case you have to post the stock from blocked to unrestricted).

If you decide to ship out the goods to the vendor from blocked stock type, you have to set field "MEPO1313-INSMK" to "S" (blocked) in ME21N / ME22N (item level, "Delivery" tab) before creating the return delivery in VL10B.

In this case when posting the GI with mvt 161, goods will be consumed from blocked stock type.

But please understand that in both cases system will use storage type 916 (standard system). The reason is that interim storage type 916 is defined for WM-mvt 601. WM-mvt 601 is assigned to WM-reference mvt 161 which is assigned to IM-mvt 161 - these settings are can be found in:

SPRO > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define Movement Types

- Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types

- LE-WM Interface to Inventory Management

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 1, 2010 7:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !!

This was very helpful.

Quick question: Is there anyway I can control the storage type its picking from ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After finding out the WM movement type assigned to IM movement using the procedure described by Csaba, go to LE->WM->Activities->Transfers->Define movement types. select the movement type (standard 601) for your warehouse. You can see destination storage bin is 916 assigned to movement type. Source storage type is blank by default, meaning system will search all storage types. If you want to force teh system to pick from a specific storage type, assign it here.

Edited by: ramanjaneyulu bandaru on Sep 1, 2010 8:52 PM