cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create Sales order ,Delivery, Billing and Invoice no. in back date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Goodevening ,

we have a requirement , here we need to create, Delivery on back date.

Note- System should do the availability check on back date. ( 1.e on requested delivery date) and confirm quantity on that date.

Note-What ever sales transaction happned yesterday day will be enterded today on yesterday date( this daily happens to this industry).

My problem is system is not doing availability check on requested delivery date its just doing on todays date and giving confirmation but in system stock was there on yesterday date.

Note - Always there is one day back log for actual sales and system entry.

Looking for your inputs

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravi.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Dont activate the availability check for the respective materials. in mm02. ( maintain as KP for the resp sales org/ dc/ plant)

Now create the sales order as past date and also change the date at schedule line .

Also once the delivery is created give the Actual GI date and other dates , loading , transportation,pick and pack as past date .

and do the PGI.

But for the PGI be aware of the posting periods.

Regard:Vijay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here i have a point:

you create two materials for one

that is

semifinished goods 1 with out KP.

semifinished goods 2 with KP.

that clears your problem.

hope this is help ful to you.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Availabiltity check will confirm as of the day on which order is processed, but still you will be able to delivery on yesterday's date and PGI too and bill.

However, the option of not activating Av ck also sounds good , as mentioned in the earlier post.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai ,

Thank for your quick response

Can you plz give the details how to do the delivery back on back date with availability check .

Note-Here client is selling Semi- finished products,

if i deactive the availability check in Sales general plant data ,its also affecting in MRP3 plant level in PP, which is very much required .

Thank you in advance

Regards

Ravi.M

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you plz give the details how to do the delivery back 
   on back date with availability check

As you should be aware, while posting the goods issue, system will consider the stock on the date whatever we maintain in the field "Actual GI Date". If we maintain blank, by default, system will consider the current date. This being the case, if you want to do PGI at back date, on that date, if stock is made available, you can do so.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

instead of KP in the availability check field, you can try using schedule line category CN for the sales order item. with this category, you do not have availability check while you still do goods movement (goods issue in delivery). as the others said, you can ante-date your transactions.

i am wondering why you need to ante-date availability check/confirmation. in my experience, the only way to do this is to change system date into an earlier one, which is a dangerous thing to do. nevertheless, if you have a compelling reason, please share it with us and we might think of a better alternative.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for you reply,

This a typical kind of industry.-Poultry industry

They do the transactions in the night times at farms where they will not have any access for systems.so they want to post those transactions on back date.

Note- i do have idea, system does do availability check on current date,but is there any possiblity for back postings with availablity check that I am looking for all the possible options with all the possible feed backs.

Note- Customer is selling the semi -finished product that i have already mentioned, whether i maintain OR not maintain system is doing avaliblity check in SD , as the meaterial is semi -finished maintained by PP in MRP3.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ravi.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The scedule line currently using CN-only ( No planning).

Thanks and regards

Ravi.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Dont activate the availability check for the respective materials. in mm02. ( maintain as KP for the resp sales org/ dc/ plant)

Now create the sales order as past date and also change the date at schedule line .

Also once the delivery is created give the Actual GI date and other dates , loading , transportation,pick and pack as past date .

and do the PGI.

But for the PGI be aware of the posting periods.

Regard:Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay ,

Thank for your quick response .

The real problem is this : client is selling semi -finished product here and client also using the same for furthur process to make another material, if i change the availablity check in sales general planta data , it also affecting the in MRP3 plant level availability check in PP which is very much required . Is there any other option for this problem. i think the solution what you have suggested me will suites for finished product?

Looking for more inputs

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravi.M

Note- The material what client selling is live stock material( Poultry products) .