cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problem: RAR, SPM, ERM works across VPN, CUP doesn't

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very strange problem.

I use Cisco VPN to connect to my client site, on my laptop. I can then log into our server via Windows remote desktop, and then launch a browser, through which all products in the suite load up fine (all within the remote desktop session).

Separately, I can load the browser on my laptop and connect to the URLs for each of the products. However, only RAR, SPM and ERM load up properly. CUP doesn't load properly - the main screen loads without any of the stylesheets, and it's often incompletely loaded.

I've checked with the network guys, and they don't have an answer for me. I've assigned all AE relevant roles on the netweaver box, and that's not made any difference, and neither has restarting the java stack.

I'm pretty baffled by this problem, since it works just fine through the Remote desktop window - same VPN connection.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue was not resolved, but the project didn't really need to resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that there is a slight difference in the coding for CUP as opposed to RAR and ERM. I think that RAR uses Webdynpro whereas CUP is Java, hence the urls ending with a different extension.

CUP ends .jsp whereas RAR etyc end with the GRC~ccappcomp/ComplianceCalinbrator etc.

Perhaps this may explain it? I'm no network expert but it's as good a place to start as anywhere!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I already checked that, and it's not the case. Even if this is an issue with the JSPs, it's beyond my skill level/pay grade to fix it. Anyway there shouldn't be a JSP issue, since the deployment was fine, and also because it loads perfectly on the Remote desktop session.

Also note that despite the poor rendering of the web pages on CUP, the few links that load can be clicked on, and it responds (ineffectively) when I'm pulling it up on my local browser.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmmm. This is strange. Simon is right one way but even ERM has same coding as CUP so if CUP is not working, ERM should not work. You may want to check with SAP on this issue. It sounds to me more related to system, network or VPN then CUP issue.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Is it working if you are using IP address instead of hostnames? Also try to maintain the hostname of your grc server in

your laptops hosts file and try to access the GRC URL directly instead of taking the URL through remote desktop.

Thank you

Sahad