Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

No solicitations or advertisements are allowed. Even in Blogs?

<body><p>Hi,</p><p></p><p>I've just read this blog: &#91;SAP hiring practices of 2010 and beyond|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20206&#93 <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b>;</p><p></p><p>I would argue that it goes against the third point in the SCN Community Guidelines and Rules.</p><p></p><p>>No solicitations or advertisements are allowed.</p><p></p><p>although the blog doesn't mention explicitly anywhere to click on the URL that is the blog reference, it does so, hugely in my opinion implicitly.</p><p></p><p>It's my opinion that this blog is a step too far, and although I agree with the sentiments and I can see how the solution is a great business model that will benefit SAP consultants - it's an advertisement.</p><p></p><p>Other may think that this is a valuable use of SCN for the community, my view is otherwise. Do you agree or disagree?</p><p></p><p>I'm open to being persuaded that this particular case is OK - please try.</p><p></p><p>Chris</p><p></p><p>update, I've also sent an email as per the guidelines page to sdn @ sap . com, but given how many that address might receive, I still think posting here is a good idea.</p><p></p><p>Edited by: Chris Paine on Sep 1, 2010 11:09 PM</p></body>
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question