Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srm mdm search UI and Config UI not able to access

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are having SRM MDM server version 7.1.01.78.

As we are having Relation table mismatch with Catalog Application we have updated our catalog application to the latest version.

But after update of catalog application we could not able to access search UI or Config UI.

I am getting message as Cannot run catalog application contact system administrator.

Our Basis team is also not clear about this issue.

Can any one have solution for this or do we need to raise an OSS for this issue.

Regards,

Karthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

We generally get this kind of error when when there is a mismatch between MDM 7.1 server and JAVA API Connector version. I can see that you are on SRM-MDM Catalog SP01. Your MDM 7.1 server should be compatible with SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP01 and portal contents should be in sync. The latest version out in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is SP05 which is based on MDM 7.1 SP05. Please check the release notes.

Also, we get this kind of errors when repository is not loaded. So check that too.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The latest version out in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is SP05
 which is based on MDM 7.1 SP05. Please check the release notes.

A small correction in the above statement. The latest version of in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is SP08 which is based on MDM 7.1 SP05. Please check the release notes no 1490300.

SRM-MDM CATALOG 3.0 SP05 was based on MDM 7.1. SP03 (MDM 7.1.03.64). Please check note no 1394351.

Hope this helps...

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi B.N,

I feel problem is with your MDM Server Version. it is MDM 7.1 SP01 which is not compatible and recommended by SAP for SRM MDM Catalog 3.0.

I would suggest you to upgrade your MDM to MDM 7.1 SP04 and then retest your scenario...

Also, Opening OSS message to SAP may not help because your version of MDM is not supported by SAP for SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0.

In SAP Note 1476694 - Change in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 components in SMP, I found this:

SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 is REQUIRED to be downloaded with the latest patches of
MDM 7.1 SP04 (Support Package 04). SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 used in conjunction
with other support packages of MDM7.1 (SP03, SP05 etc as seen in Service
Marketplace) will have compatibility issues and there will be no support
offering either from SRM-CAT-MDM or from MDM* components as this is not
recommended and required.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan.

Make sure you have the same version of Java Connector and MDM Server Version.

1. Restart the MDM Java API Connector through SAP NWA and then try to launch the application

2. If it is not working still, I would recommend you to restart the MDM Server(If you are not in production mode)

2. Finally try restarting the Java WebAS (If you are not in production mode)

Regards

Bala