Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Status

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to create new status for a doc. type. In DC 10 by selecting doc. type & status, I click on new entries. I entered value in Document Status (V_TDWS_1 - DOKST) and clikced on "new staus" icon. Then New staus created, but status (TDWST-STABK) and Status text (TDWST-DOSTX) couldn't able to maintain.

Then I maintained status (TDWST-STABK) and Status text (TDWST-DOSTX) thru table TDWST directly. Then I took these both in Transport request.

Is it correct way ? Can't we create status (TDWST-STABK) and Status text (TDWST-DOSTX) in DC10 directly.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182387
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create Status using SPRO transaction

1.) Goto SPRO -->Click SAP reference IMG.

2.) Cross application Components --> Document Management --> Control data.

3.) Execute Define Document Types.

4.) Click the folder from the left tree 'Define document status descriptions',

5.) Click New Entries button and create your status with language.

6.) Now you can see your status in the TDWST table.

You can create using DC10 as well, but need to select 'Define document status descriptions'.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

When you are cofiguring status for document type ,you are using "define document status". Here you can make new entries as existing status or add new status. Now the new status is created but you have to save this.

Then below the "define document status" there is one another option as last there you can mainatain description for these new status.At the stage of new status creation there is no option or feature to maintain description. You maintain description in last option and it will automatically displayed at the places wherever the status is maintained.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra