cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Gurus,

I am uable to login into BEx. when I am trying to login to BEx logon I am getting the below error but I could able to login to SAP BI with the same credentials. I am using BI7.0 version, logon pad version is 710.

SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=BP1TULAP426, GWSERV=sapgw00, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR hostname 'BP1TULAP426' unknown

TIME Wed Sep 01 15:53:07 201

RELEASE 710

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -2

MODULE ninti.c

LINE 895

DETAIL NiPGetHostByName: 'BP1TULAP426' not found

SYSTEM CALL getaddrinfo

COUNTER 1

Can any one tell me what is the problem and please provide the solution.

Thanks in Advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the value of system parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL?

It should be the long name of the server, instead of the hostname.

If it is not defined or its value is the same as SAPLOCALHOST please change it to the DNS name.

Regards

Francisco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be a typical problem when accesing SAP systems from a web browser. Usually you have defined a DNS name for the server, but the SAP system knows itself as the hostname instead of the DNS name. So the OLE call it makes to your local Excel will not work, as it is referred to the server hostname.

As a workaround, you should add a new entry to your "hosts" file in your client machine, assigning the hostname (in this case BP1TULAP426) the IP. But this is on ly a temporal solution that will only work in the client machines you apply it.

I have to search for the solution, that probably will lead to changing one or more system parameters regarding the hostname. Let me check it out, I'll write you as soon as I find the solution.