cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBASE & Component in Change Request & Ugent correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured CHARM for following landscape details.

Dev-100

QAS-200

Prod-300

For this I have defined the logical component as 100->200->300 & This is working fine. I mention the IBase & Component for Target system i.e. 300 client & Proceed for ChaRM Cycle.

But I am having one more client in Production i.e 310. So Can I maintain one more logical component say 100->200->310 & mention the target client for Ibase & Component for 310 target client . Will it work.

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

concerning retrofit, please go here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/b6/6de59f9abc4d17a04ac6486c2e8b84/frameset.htm

and open on your left node called Retrofitting Transport Requests. All the prerequisistes are available.

Be aware that not all of SAP Objects are supported by this functionality.

Most important pre requisite is "A logical component in the SAP Solution Manager project contains at least one (retrofit) system with the role Retrofit System."

PS: At least one other maintenance cycle should exists (and be openned) with the previously declared retrofit system declared as developement system. Let s name this project B whereas the first one (with retrofit) is called A.

YOu ll create the retrofit from project A but this one will be retrofited in a transport request created from project B.

Hope my explanations were clear

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

This is std behavior of SDHF : 'The task list of a mainten. cycle contains all the systems that you defined in the maintenance project.

The task list of an urg. correction contains the production system in which the problem occurred, and only the systems on the shortest transport route from the development system to the production system. This implements your urg. correction as quickly as possible.'

Answer to your question is here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

under 'Urg. Corrections' node you ll see those lines:

"You can use the program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to import urg. corrections simultaneously into production systems.

You can also import completed urg. corrections into parallel production systems with the program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC, or into parallel testsystems

with the program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST. You can schedule this program so that it runs in the background periodically during the day, with the job wizard (transaction SM36).

You can also use the background tasks /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_UC and /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRIMP_TEST, which are in the maintenance cycle task list.'

More usefull info are under node : 'Scheduling the automatic import of Urg. Corrections'

Hope this helps !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

A solman project can have more than one logical component.

can you check here,

[|]

hope this helps.

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

PK,

It depends what you want to do with it...

If it is just for getting your transport in that 310 client as well just make sure your transport route is correct (STMS : Routing).

If you want to use it for example as post-production (retrofit) then you can add it in the same logical component on Project level.

Bert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Thanks Bert for the rply. In your first point, how can I move the Transport request to 310, Because ChaRM is client specific & I can move it to 300 only through action ' Import Correction to Production'. But if I want to move to 310 client also then how to move it.

Reagarding 2nd point can you please explain in detail how to use retrofit.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

Create an additional logical component with only one logical system PRD-310. So you should have in your project :

LG_COMP1 : DEV-100 / QAS-200 / PRD-300

LG_COMP2 : - / - / PRD-310

On the TMS side, you should have a client specific defined transport route. You have to use the transport group for your production system to be able to have two clients in parallel.

Hope this helps.

BR.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Thanks Bert for the rply. In your first point, how can I move the Transport request to 310, Because ChaRM is client specific & I can move it to 300 only through action ' Import Correction to Production'. But if I want to move to 310 client also then how to move it.

--> In your transport route (stms) define a transport group /ZPRD/ that holds 300 & 310. This way transports will go from 200 to /ZPRD/ (meaning 300 &310)

Reagarding 2nd point can you please explain in detail how to use retrofit.

--> the standard retrofit functionality of SAP is not 100% waterproof and up for some improvements. At the project I am working now we retrofit manually. But I know you can define 310 in your project log. component as 'post processing'. Then when you transport your change to production you will have the option to retrofit. But I repeat this is not yet fully waterproof. I guess (correct me if I am wrong) you better retrofit manually at this point in time.

Regards

PK