SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installment plan - clearing in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to clear installment plan by FPMA, but it shows error "collective bill/instalment plan 0000176 inconsistent"

checked & confirmed the contract account has got enough credit balance on it and checked there is no dunning block, payment block or clearing lock on it.

And tried to clear the installment plan by manually in FP06, still displays the same error

Error message no: 5274

Diagnosis

The clearing amount 539.58 USD named on the collective bill/installment plan is to be split over the relevant individual/original items. The balance of these individual items however is 0.00 USD.

System Response

Processing is terminated.

Procedure

Check the document. If the open balance of the individual items does not correspond to the open amount of the collective bill/installment plan, then there is a data inconsistency. Otherwise there is a program error.

the issue is on prod, no blocks on installment plan either.

any inputs will be appreciated

Regards,

Uday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Uday:

This error usually means that your clearing variant is not correctly set up. For installments or collective bills, two-step clearing is executed and both steps must process successfully. You should verify your clearing variant which is assigned to clear IP/CB and make sure that it can determine the full clearing amount.

Example:

Customer has an IP with 6 items each $50 The IP itself is composed of a $40, 180 and 80.

When customer pays $50, first step of clearing is to choose the IP open item - one of the 6 based on the rules. Then it must determine for IP clearing how that $50 is distributed to the underlying open items, so a second step of the clearing process is done to determine which of the $40, 180 and 80 should be cleared and in what order. It is required for IP processing that the full amount chosen in step 1 must also be allocated in step 2. If step 2 cannot allocate the full amount, then your error would occur.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See what account you are try to do the account mainatenance.

Regards

Srinivas

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Uday:

This error usually means that your clearing variant is not correctly set up. For installments or collective bills, two-step clearing is executed and both steps must process successfully. You should verify your clearing variant which is assigned to clear IP/CB and make sure that it can determine the full clearing amount.

Example:

Customer has an IP with 6 items each $50 The IP itself is composed of a $40, 180 and 80.

When customer pays $50, first step of clearing is to choose the IP open item - one of the 6 based on the rules. Then it must determine for IP clearing how that $50 is distributed to the underlying open items, so a second step of the clearing process is done to determine which of the $40, 180 and 80 should be cleared and in what order. It is required for IP processing that the full amount chosen in step 1 must also be allocated in step 2. If step 2 cannot allocate the full amount, then your error would occur.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanx for your input, may be i can elaborate a bit more about the issue.

installment plan created for 6 periods. 100 per each period (distributed equally for 5 months and remaining balance 39.58 to last month), period is set to one month...and the total amount is 539.58, ....then system calculates due date for each month and open as an open item.......all due dates has been lapsed to the present day...i.e, the total installment plan open items are open to payment ....and the account have enough credit balance on it.

generally it should clear by automatic mass clearing by FPMA....but still when i tried to post it manually by selecting each open item (6 open items) in FP06. still it give an error.

and u mentioned about clearing variant.....can u please explain where do we assign this to IP ...is it on FPR1 t code?

any inputs appreciated

Regards,

Uday

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem isn't the clearing variant, but a inconsistency in the relevant documents.

Therefore please start the reports, which are described in sap note 516985.

I hope I could help you.

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Could please let me know how delve more into sap note 516985. otherwise, pls provide the link

Regards,

Uday

0 Kudos

Hi,

founnd sap notes

Regards,

uday

pranav_solanki
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii,

Pls let me know if any Functional module or BAPI for contract billing block is there ?