cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Updating/Patching SAP Installation Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have some questions about the SAP Installation Server SAP (SAP GUI for Windows 7.10)

1. can i install two SAP Installtion Servers on the same system (for example SAP GUI 7.10 and 7.20)?

2. is there a dedicated deinstallation routine for SAP Installations Server (i found none) or can i just delete the installation path?

3. can i update Installtion Server SAP GUI 7.10 to SAP GUI 7.20 by a patch or something?

4. i tried to patch SAP Installtion Server by using the "Patch Server Button" form level 10 to 14 and 15. At both times the patch was successfully verified; but after the automatic restart of the Installation Server and the selection of the installation path, nothing happend.

5 and least: can i Install the SAP Installation Server on maschine running a SAP System (for example ECC 6.0) on?

i know.. many questions, but our company needs to upgrade form Installation Server SAP GUI 7.10 to SAP GUI 7.20.

Thanks and best regards

Andre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello andre

1. can i install two SAP Installtion Servers on the same system (for example SAP GUI 7.10 and 7.20)?:

- it is possible, but not recommended!!

2. is there a dedicated deinstallation routine for SAP Installations Server (i found none) or can i just delete the installation path?:

- deinstallation routine does not exist: if you have installed the LSH, please deactivate it in the sapadmin and thenyou can delete the installation server folder and

3. can i update Installtion Server SAP GUI 7.10 to SAP GUI 7.20 by a patch or something?:

- please create a new installation server with the NWCREATESERVER.exe

4. i tried to patch SAP Installtion Server by using the "Patch Server Button" form level 10 to 14 and 15. At both times the patch was successfully verified; but after the automatic restart of the Installation Server and the selection of the installation path, nothing happend.:

- please open a OSS message in BC-FES-INS and attach all NWSAPSETUP*.log files to this message

5 and least: can i Install the SAP Installation Server on maschine running a SAP System (for example ECC 6.0) on?:

- ?hm... is possible, BUT IT IS HIGHLY not recommended, it is a high risk!

Best Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

thanks for your help; point 4 is already solved with the help of sap.

Best regards

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstallation of the server solved the problem.

The patch 2 was installed correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@OsTrY: nice to hear!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you can close this topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello OsTrY,

we had the same issue while trying to patch (10->14) our installation server compilation 1. After verifying the patch nothing happend.

We opened a call at sap service marketplace; sap suggested to use compilation 4 instead of comilation 1. After that we were able to patch the server.

After watching your vid i regonized that you are already using SAP GUI 720. Have you ever tried to apply first patch 1 and then patch 2 or direct upgrade to patch level 2?

Otherwise open a call. The sap guy fixing our problem used a virtual machine to reprdouce our problem and solved it.

Greets

A.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation of the first patch was without problems. Only attempt to install patch 2 makes trouble 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello OsTrY,

we directly updated our new SAP Inst Server for SAP GUI 720 to patch level 2. Perhaps you should uninstall the server, reinstall it and then apply only patch 2.

If that does not help, i suggest you open call; cause sap inst server is only a few months old and may still be buggy in some cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've problem with patching SAP Installation Server Administration Tool.

When I click "Patch Server" and choose patch file, installer check this file and after that everything dissapears and nothing happens.

Please see video that demonstrate this issue:

http://vimeo.com/14764188

How to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice vid!

I have ran across this as well but no answer to a resolve.

Luckily we do not use an installation server to roll out to end users, we only use it to build an installer and thats it. It is in a VMWare enviroment and the only way I "got around" the issue once Patch 2 was released for 7.20 was to replace the VM image and re-install a fresh Installation Server. Then add the packages again from the beginning. This worked for me since it was an easy fix for our use, but that would pose a major problem for others who truely utilize the product!

And to add... Once my installer was created with Patch 2, I attempted to add another patch just as a test and it repeated the same issue you posted and the one I had before. Guess I will repeat my process when Patch 3 is released. 😕

Just adding my .02 cents and letting others know addtiional people are experiencing this also.

Good luck

Regards,

Zecher