cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between OnleadSelect and OnSelect for Table Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used the onselect for the table event in CE 7.2.But i am not getting any difference between Onleadselect and OnSelect.If any one has idea then please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what I found. Hope it helps.

onColSelect (String col)

This event is triggered if the user clicks a table column header. The parameter is the selected column.

onLeadSelect (String col, String newRowElement, String oldRowElement, int row)

Event onLeadSelect is triggered if lead selection for the table changes. The parameters are are:

○ col: The ID of the selected column.

○ newRowElement: The path to the node element representing the selected row (i.e. the one the user has just chosen). Note that, depending on the table's selection change behavior, this might not yet be the element at the data source's current lead selection. This parameter replaces the index based "row" parameter for hierarchical tables where a row cannot be adequately represented by an index, but only by its associated node element. Nevertheless it canand shouldbe used for "flat" tables, too.

○ oldRowElement: The path to the node element representing the selected row (i.e. the one that was selected before the user's interaction). Note that, depending on the table's selection change behavior, this might still be the element at the data source's current lead selection.

○ row

The zero based index of the selected row (i.e. the one the user has just chosen). Note that, depending on the table's selection change behavior, this might not yet be the data source's current lead selection.

This parameter is replaced by the String based "newRowElement" parameter for hierarchical tables where a row cannot be adequately represented by an index, but only by its associated node element. In general, it is deprecated and should be avoided in future development.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you press the crtl+click to select multiple rows, you'll have only one row marked as onLeadSelect (the most notorious one) but many as onSelect (the other rows)