SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Student marks along with final Grades

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The data format which we are trying to upload is given below.

Internal Assesment ( Contains marks, and to be stores as Marks )

Mid Semester ( Contains Marks, and to be stores as Marks )

End Semester ( Contains Marks, and to be stores as Marks )

Grades ( Final grades derived from above marks, and to be stores as Grades )

I was trying the possibility of using Function Module HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_DT_RFC

But could not find a way.

Please give your valuable inputs on this.

Regards,

Murthy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

You can try the following FM:

HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPR_CREATE

br,

Rob

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy,

Is it an interface or a conversion program?

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

It is a Program which we are planning to develop, which will upload the details from Excel sheet in the earlier said format.

Can u give me some input on this...

Regards,

Rama Murthy.P

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Murthy,

We also developed these kind of programs for Dutch universities. You could use the following functions:

- Upload Excel: 'KCD_EXCEL_OLE_TO_INT_CONVERT'

- Import top appraisal: 'HRIQ_AGR_APPMOD_CREATEFROMDATA'

- Import sub appraisal: 'HRIQ_APPRAISAL_CREATEFROMDATA'

Hope this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Thank u for your inputs.

It would be a great help if you can tell me where exactly should I map the marks in the Function modules....

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Murthy.P

0 Kudos

Rama,

Explore the function group of function modules recommended by Rob. You will find a function to get appraise list. I will recommend to call that first.

Regarding mapping we are here to guide you. I don't like to spoon feed somebody for free. I hope you are getting paid for this.

Thanks

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Prabhat,

I do agree that one must not expect spoon feeding from the forum. But one does not have expertise in every domain. In my case I am new to Student life cycle management and our entire work got stuck at marks uploading part.

In my request to Rob I was specific that where exactly should the marks be mapped. I don't see anything wrong in my quiry, coz I have answered and seen similar questions getting answered. Its matter of sparing some time and sharing your knowledge, else why would people write Blogs and Articals.

I don't like to spoon feed somebody for free. I hope you are getting paid for this

This was really not necessary totally uncalled for and insensitive on your part

Regards,

Murthy

0 Kudos

Muthy,

I don't think how to map your fields needs SLCM expertise. All you have to have knowledge of ABAP programming and debugging. Just explore the structures you will find all the fields. If you have any problem with data element description file an OSS message. Some time i have to be insensitive because in the forums i do see people asking for blue-print,program all these stuff. Believe me this is going to help you in future. You will learn more if you debug the program and explore more.

Prabhat SIngh

0 Kudos

Prabhat,

There is no specific parameter where in we can directly map Marks in the said Function modules. There is option of mapping Grades, Grade scale and Grade Symbol.

We could figure out the way to directly upload the final grades, but marks included ( For there audit purpose ) is some thing our functional team is trying to figure out a way.

I was only hoping to find some help from people who had already worked on a similar scenario through the form, paralleli our efforts are on too.

Would like to appreciate your suggestions also like you to add the sense of discrimination too, that would help spread happiness around.

Regards,

Murthy

0 Kudos

Murthy,

What is marks? It is combination of grade/grade symbol and Grade scale. In indian Term Grade = Mark and Grade scale = Max mark student can get(kind of).

I think this will help you little bit. Rest I will say contact you functional consultant who configured performance Indices. Ask him/her how he/she configured the scale.

Prabhat Singh

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

You can try the following FM:

HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPR_CREATE

br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos