cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services in ECC using SPROXY transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We were able see the Enterprise Services available in ECC 6.0 EHP 3 using the transaction SPROXY, we have even tested one proxy through this transaction. But now when we have configured ECC to connect the ESR (of PI), it is only showing Software components / Service Interface available in ESR throught the SPROXY transaction in ECC and not showing the Enterprise Services which are available in ECC.

How to see both the things, existing Enterprise Services of ECC and Service Interfaces of ESR through SPROXY transaction in ECC?

please help.

thanks and regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It may be that you just need a delta cache refresh but I would start by checking the SLD configuration.

First strt with SAP Note: 1169869

- I think that you might need to try changing the vendor (sap.com) that's assigned to the Software Component Version.

- If you were seeing the SWCV before it should be installed on your system anyway but you can double check using the steps I've specified here: [;

- You might also want to check if the SWC is correctly assigned to the relevant business system/s in the SLD.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor, but this thread dosent solve my problem. I am able to see ESR SWCV but then ECC own Services are not visible in ECC in transaction SPROXY.

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

the SAP note suggested by you is giving following message

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is what the thread is referring to, SAP Standard SWCV not visible in SPROXY. Essentially checking if the add-on's that have the standard SAP Enterprise Service content are installed okay. Are you not referring to SAP standard Content?

Regarding the SAP Note, I've enquired about releasing it for Customers. Not sure how long that process will take but it essentially says what I'm suggesting, check or change the software vendor against the SWCV in the SLD.

The other question, do you have the XI Content for the same standard SAP SWCV/s loaded in your ESR?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Travor,

The other question, do you have the XI Content for the same standard SAP SWCV/s loaded in your ESR?

Ans : We have standard SAP SWCV like SAP BASIS in ESR, but the ECC has SAP ABAP which has some enterprise services and these are not avaiable in SPROXY transaction.We do not have SAP ABAP SWCV in ESR.

please help

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For the Abap Enterprise Services, there is equivalent XI Content in Service Marketplace that you would upload into the ESR. Try finding the related XI Content for these missing Abap Enterprise Services & upload it into the ESR. It will automatically create the related SWCV's in the ESR. Then do a refresh in SPROXY & verify if you can see the SWCV's.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor/Gaurav,

You means to say i can not see the Enterprise serverices in SPROXY unless i have correspoding XI Content in ESR.

But if i want to use a Enterprise Service directly then.....SICF will shown me, but i wont be able to test it.....

I am not able to see those in SE80 as well, can anyone help please.

thanks and regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need ESR content if you want to see service in SPROXY but you can still test them without any issue.

When you goto SICF test service from there (ignore error message) and copy the url, this is the url of your service (ignore sap-client part),

another way is to go SOAMANAGER transaction and search for service by internal name (name in SICF) or external name and then configure service you will get binding url of service which you can use for testing.

Another way to find all services is to goto SE80->Repository information system->Enterprise Service->Server Proxies = search

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you were refering you webservices you created in ECC? you can still search them in SE80.

If you were refering to ES by SAP and they are now not visible in SPROXY then you need to import ESR contents in ESR (you can download them from Service Marketplace). In SPROXY transaction you can see whatever is in ESR so if correct ESR contents are not in ESR corresponding services will not be visible in SPROXY.

BTW: you can also search for ES in SICF.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I posted a document called 'Enable SAP Out of the box Enterprise Services'. Please refer the document to install/configure and use SAP provided Enterprise Services.

Thanks