cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error with the External Tax system(VERTEX MS0018)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting this error - "Communication Error with the External Tax system(VERTEX MS0018)" while creating sales organization in IDES 4.7.

When i click Help(F1), the Performance Assistant tells me-

"Communication Error with the External Tax system(VERTEX MS0018)

Message No. Tax_TXJCD864"

...Please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

praneelravilla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Check the Jurisdiction code mentioned correctly or not for the specified Country or City while creating Sales Organisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have similar issue.

We already have one SAP system connected to Vertex and now we want to connect one more SAP system to the same Vertex system.

I see all above mentioned settings in the SAP side because we performed a system copy from a existing SAP system which is connected to Vertex. I think we have to add this new SAP system in the Vertex.

Could you please list out the steps on this process.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also you might want to check if the RFC connection is up and running between your ECC and external VERTEX system. You can go to SM59 transaction and check the connection by finding the external tax system in the TCP/IP connection node. Double click on the correct system and click on the Connection Test button. Most of the time the external tax connection simply dies well at least 90% of times that I have seen this kind of error.

Thanks and Regards

Indranil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check whether you have assigned the tax procedure to your country in OBBG. Alternatively, if you are in CRM, then check in IMG Path => Cross Application Components => Tax Determination based on Jurisdiction Codes => External Tax Jurisdiction => Activate External Tax Jurisdiction.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi