cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver status is blank for shopping carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing an issue with few shopping carts in SRM.

Requesters are able to create and order the carts but at some point in the approval flow, status of the approver is getting blank. That is, it is neither showing 'to be approved by' or 'approved by'. Once the approver status goes blank, we are unable to find the shopping cart, it with no one. It is not happening with all the carts.

Please help and advice any fix for it.

Thanks,

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil

What is the status of your cart, check it in BBP_PD. One more thing, which version of SRM you are on?

If you are on SRM 7.0 and using Process Controlled Workflow, then look for OSS notes at Service marketplace, there are few program errors in process controlled workflow in recent support packs

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

Thank you for prompt response.

We are using SRM 5.0. I have checked status in BBP_PD and its showing as 'In Process'

Thanks,

Muzammil

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the Workitem-ID in BBP_PD and check workflow log in SWI1 transaction.

If there is no approver, maybe the manager is not assigned in PPOMA_BBP org structure.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thank you for reply.

I have got the work item id from BBP_PD, then checked the next approver in swi1.

Next approver name is not there. So, i checked the user is Org. structure and user is setup correctly. User is active user.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Muzammil

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Who should be the approver? Is he wearing read manager jacket in PPOMA?

What is the approval task? Is it general task?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Approvers are the users setup in the approval matrix. We setup users in approval matrix with the information provided by the site.

In this case, approver is supposed to approve the shopping cart raised by the user.

Hope i have answered.

Thanks,

Muzammil

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which workflow template do you use? Please find the workflow template number in BBP_PD. If you use BADI workflow, root cause might be in your BADI program logic.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil

Check if the approver is in Excluded agents list at that level in SWI6. You can find excluded agents in the same popup you see the agent assigned to a particular workflow step while analyzing using SWI6

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I dont know where to check in BBP_PD for workflow logic, but i think we use BADI workflow.

Thanks,

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

I have checked in SWI6 for excluded agents but there are no excluded agents for this cart.

When i viewed the workflow log of this cart, at one stage the flow has stopped and it says "Do other approvers exist?(No agent)".

Please advice on how to move it to next approver.

Thanks,

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil

Is it happening for every Document or only this document is a problem.

If its one of a rare case, then restart the workflow because sometimes workflow gives this kind of errors in SRM 5.0. SRM 5 being a stable version I dont expect a program error too....

Write to SAP if this issue is happening frequently

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

It is happening with very few selected carts but not with all. I have tried to find if there can be any commonalities between these carts but all the carts are different.

Let me check what can be done for workflow.

Thanks alot for your timely responses.

Thanks and Best regards,

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

It took sometime for me to explore more about this issue.

I tried recreating this issue but it didn't work. So, i waited for few days to check if i may get any other user reporting the same issue but there wasn't any.

So, just restarted the work flow (as you suggested) in SWPC and it worked.

Thank you all for the replies.

Muzammil

Answers (0)