cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast on Material Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am executing a forecast on a simple project to try and understand the functionality of the forecast. There is 1 WBS with an Internal Activity with a Material Component assigned. There is no work (ie. work center and hours) on the internal activity. The Material Component has a PReq generated and is in released status. I show commitments on the project of $100 corresponding to the PReq line item for the material cost of $100. There are no actuals and no PO has been created. However, when I execute the CJ9L forecast, the Updated Remaining costs show 0. It is my understanding that the commitments of the material component should factor into the forecast. Am I missing something? Should this not show $100 in the Remaining Costs? Ultimately, we have no spent the $100 yet, so there should be $100 forecast to spend, right?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me better explain.

Non-stock material component worth $100. PR created.

- Execute transaction CJ9L

- Commitments column shows $100.

- Updated Remaining Cost shows $0.

In this case, should the commitments and the updated remaining costs be equal?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the PR created, only the commitment & actual costs are considered for cost forecast.

The updated rem cost is set to zero & the updated overall cost are set to actual + commitment.

Regards

Sejo

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A small correction

overall = actual + commit + residual cost

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, but I realize that Non-stock Material Components are supposed to be considered in the forecast. However, it is NOT showing up in the forecast. I know my forecast is working because when I use an internal activity with a rate assigned, I get a value in the forecast. For some reason, the non-stock material components are not showing up. And yes, the Cost Relative indicater is checked.

Any bright ideas? Thanks

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaun, If the material component is managed in Project Stock, then it will not be considered in Forecast cost calculation. But, if it is a Non-stock item, then the commitment cost will be considered in Forecast cost calculation.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer note 515716. According to it should read PR for General cost activity the same the case should be other activities.

I never tried in system, but It should read PR just check dates.

With Regards

Nitin P.