cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Scheduling in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

Period Type in lot size - Week( Monday thru Sunday)

Period Factor - 0

Demands on Day 1,3,5 - 100 CS each day

Capacity per day - 100 CS

Planning Direction - Backwards + Reverse

I want the system to create a planned order which starts on monday morning and run as long as it needs to. Can this be done by any chance? I think whole APO solution(excluding the variable board) is built on "Availbility Date" and this is not possible by changing the planning direction or period factor or any settings for that matter. Of course I can do it in the variable board manually but we don't want to use that at the moment. We want the system to create the orders per week starting first thing in monday AM.

Can someone please confirm this? IF not, any suggestions on how to achieve this result?

Thanks!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change the scheduling direction to 'Foward' in the heuristics you use for scheduling in the background. Do the same in the DS strategy profile in the DS board.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys -

I wasn't thinking. I don't think there is a way to achieve this during the production planning run. I did manage to make it work using the rescheduling heuristic though.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You mean you donot want system to consider requirement date of demand at all but do forward schedulingstrting from monday.

One way to achive this is using PPDS optimizer set zero delay costs and storage costs.

Santosh