Did you mean: 

PI looping on returned RFC table values & multiple response messages to JMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an synchronous (async/sync bridge) scenario in PI 7.11:

Request

(mainframe / MQ) JMS -> PI -> RFC

Response

RFC -> PI -> JMS (and on the MQ / mainframe)

My question is quite simply (I hope), what is a way to loop on the returned table values (from the RFC), such that the response to JMS actually is one message (response) per returned table value? Does BPM have to be used?

Example:

If the RFC returns 2 table values, then I need to send 2 responses via JMS (back to MQ mainframe)... the mainframe txn can only handle 1 message at a time (note: a "moremsgs" indicator tells that mainframe txn whether to listen for more).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

For the simple case of making a bridge between JMS to synchronous RFC call, it would be possible without BPM

with the so called Async/Sync Bridge in JMS Adapter.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/20d1dec20a0732e10000000a155369/frameset.htm)

But as you said you want to split the Response into 1 or more messages to reply to your mainframe, this is only possible with a BPM.

Therefore your JMS Sender channel sends messages to the BPM and the BPM makes the RFC call.

After the RFC call you can place a multimapping inside the BPM that generates 1..n messages from the RFC response that go back to your mainframe (e.g. with the indicator "moremsgs" you mentioned for every message after the first one).

With best regards

Sebastian